Based on the principles of knowledge and appreciation of the continuity and dialogue of culture and heritage, inclusion and interdisciplinarity, Batana Ecomuseum with its programmes explores, evaluates, transmits, interprets, recreates and presents the rich maritime heritage of Rovinj. The museum implements its activities through 5 basic components:
- The House of Batana, or muòstra, is an interpretation and documentation centre with a permanent exhibition;
- Spacio Matika, or spàcio, is the place where you can taste, smell, listen and sing about local maritime heritage;
- Mali škver (Little Shipyard), or peîcio squèro, is the place where we celebrate the intangible heritage of batana building;
- Rovinj’s Regatta of traditional lug and lateen sailboats or simply Regatta, is the principal Rovinj’s festival of boats, sea and sailors;
- Thematic Routes: two thematic routes, from Mali Mol (Little Pier) to Spacio Matika and along the Rovinj waterfront, the first is a rowing trip on board a batana accompanied by a barkariol (boatman), and the other is a walk along the waterfront, where visitors meet and experience Rovinj from ‘the perspective of a batana’.
January, February, December: 10.00-15:00 (closed on Saturdays and Sundays)
March, April, October, November: 10:00-16:00 (closed on Mondays)
May, September: 10:00-13:00 & 18:00-21:00 (closed on Mondays)
June, July, August: 10:00-13:00 & 19:00-23:00 (closed on Mondays)
Group visits only when announced
First prize in the category "Intangible Heritage"